Thursday, July 12, 2007

Recent Development!


Mark E Smith: Douchebag Extraordinaire

I wrote off Mark E Smith (wiki)/the Fall (wiki) a few years ago. Mark E is a douchebag, and I found the music too discombobulated for my taste....especially when on a classic Manchester kick. I got the old school "A Sides" album but it never really grabbed me. Finally I tried again and bought "50,000 Fall Fans Can't Be Wrong: 39 Golden Greats" and sat on that for a bit. A few weeks back I was feeling a little giddy so I found the double album in my office and popped it on. For some reason it stuck with me, and I am now really getting into it. I'm discombobulated and weird...so it's perfect. Looking forward to the next time the Fall plays the Knitting Factory (yearly I believe) as I will definitely attend.

Here are two of the newer tracks on the "...Greats" album, who'd a think a dude who has released like 90 albums would still pump it out.

The Fall - Green Eyed Loco-Man (2003)
The Fall - Crop-Dust (2001)