Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bummer ALERT!

BUMMER ALERT

"I bought the new Justice album at Starbucks!"

Yes, it is true, now that Tower Records has croaked, and Penny Lane is dead, there is only one music store on the Promenade....HEAR Music aka STARBUCKS. "Baristas" sell me music...yeah whatever. Tuesdays = new releases day, so I make my way over to HEAR every now and then to get up to speed.

Yesterday included the following:

Justice - (Cross): Had all the tracks already, whoops, but hey, gotta support my French Electro!

Gogol Bordello - Super Taranta!: You can't beat this, and ever since Eugene Hutz did an amazing job acting in "Everything Is Illuminated" I'm an even bigger fan. First listen shows a lot of promise, produced by Victor Van Vugt (Nick Cave, Billy Bragg).

Interpol - Our Love To Admire: See below...Artwork is okay...so minimal!

Ulrich Schnauss - Goodbye: First listen, this album has more vocals, still sleepy, it had a "Brian Eno" reference so of course I checked it out, but what I always find is that those references are rarely true!