Monday, January 22, 2007

Wow Coachella DIDN'T "Jump The Shark"

I was expecting pure bummer after hearing the Headliners (which have all previously headlined at Coachella), but I was pleasantly suprised when I went onto Coachella.com and got the FULL line-up. Not what the Radio Stations have been passing around.

Here is my "MUST" list
1) Happy Mondays
2) Jesus And Mary Chain
3) Roky Erickson and the Explosives
4) Erol Alkan
5) Soulwax
...and now in no particular order:
Justice, DJ Shadow, El-P, Hot Chip, Peter, Bjorn and John, Manu Chao, Kaiser Chiefs, Jose Gonzalez, Junior Boys, and Gogol Bordello
...and just to "see" them because I am curious:
The Kooks, Klaxons, Tapes 'n Tapes, The Good The Bad and The Queen, Cornelius, Lily Allen, Jarvis Cocker, Felix Da Housecat, Digitalism, Tokyo Police Club, Blonde Redhead, , Ghostface Killah, Evil Nine, Spank Rock, and Explosions In The Sky
...avoiding at all costs:
Circa Survive, Against Me!, Tilly And The Wall, and probably Peaches
...will happily enjoy:
The Rapture, the headlining acts, Willie Nelson, Interpol, Travis, LCD Soundsystem, Damien Rice, Placebo, Air, Pharoahe Monch, and Ozomatil

That is my wrap, I'll say that I am very much more enthusiastic this year as last year was a bummer for acts. Most of the acts had played the area recently and there was no special reunions of a cult-esque band.

See you there dudes.