Thursday, December 28, 2006

For All Mankind



For All Mankind
(1989)wiki (*academy award winner)

This is an amazing documentary that features 100% NASA footage and Astronaut Commentary that goes through the journey from the "blue marble" to the Moon. What makes it even more interesting is that Brian Eno (one of my favorite people of all time) does the soundtrack as part of his Apollo:Atmospheres and Soundtracks album (the first Eno album I ever bought). One of the great things about NASA is that they documented everything they could via video, especially because of the hundreds of people on the ground in Houston and at the Kennedy Space Center who couldn't see a thing without those cameras. For a long time the footage just collected dust until director Al Reinert got permission to make this film. It's the end of the year...if you have the time...take a look. I have it on DVD too, and I can make copies, I'm sure it's a really good movie for stoners.

Part I

Part II

Part III

Part IV

Part V

Part VI

Part VII

Part VIII