Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Albums/Songs of the Year COMING UP

It's a coming...Who will make the cut? Suggestions?

Until then, enjoy this tune. My brother, who is studying at Yale University for Nursing (#1 in the country mind you), once said, "If I was a DJ I would play this song." So what do I do, I play this song when I DJ in homage to my brother. His musical tastes are quite different then mine, he used to practice acoustic guitar 3 hours a day and can play classical concertos front to back, but he never really got into Slayer or 2manydjs. He did once when I was a kid play me Neil Young's "Harvest" album, which was easily a landmark moment in my life, as that album is easily one of my favorites of all-time or my "Desert Island Dozen." I think I was 14 years old when he popped the cassette into his rickidy old car driving down Telegraph Ave in Berkeley...bong! Anyway, back to the tune, which is 'Werewolves Of London' by Warren Zevon from his album "Excitable Boy" released in 1978. This tune was also covered a few times, by the likes of Magnolia Electric Co., Adam Sandler, and The Grateful Dead.

Warren Zevon - Werewolves Of London