Thursday, July 20, 2006

Downloadable tidbits

I will admit I was not a fan of The Twilight Singers until I heard the lastest effort Powder Burns I was hooked. I still don't like the old stuff as much, but this album is definitely looking like a top 10 of the year for me. Even more so, when I saw that they covered the newest Massive Attack Single "Live With Me" for KEXP, I was elated.

The Twilight Singers (ft. Mark Lanegan) - Live With Me (Massive Attack Cover)

If it is from Manchester, England chances are I will like it. Along comes The Longcut, and yes, I like it. I also like the spaced out lesser known Working For A Nuclear Free City, and the dancy The Whip but I'm not going to share. I am hoping to see all of these acts at this years In The City Festival.

The Longcut-A Last Act Of Desperate Men

I have always had a soft spot for Razorlight even since I got their import album cheap on cdwow.com (before it the dollar/pound ratio got janky). Now they have a new outing and from the sound of the 2 tracks I have heard I may be going for the import again, as it does not arrive stateside until late August. I am a sucker for a song about my hometown, and they are good live.

Razorlight-Los Angeles Waltz
Razorlight-In The Morning (single)